The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) is the only national trade organization that has embraced the cannabis industry as part of the herbal products marketplace, with all the advantages that experience provides. For nearly 40 years, AHPA's mission has been to promote the responsible commerce of herbal products to ensure that consumers have informed access to a wide variety of herbal goods. Since 2010, we have been actively involved in the regulatory, legislative, and technical aspects of moving cannabis into the legal marketplace.
When an herb experiences explosive growth, it attracts players with both short and long term interest. Working to institute a level playing field can help ensure the cannabis market has a long future as a significant segment of the herb industry. For those companies intending to build long term, sustainable businesses, involvement in AHPA demonstrates that the responsible core of the industry is viewed by regulatory agencies and legislators as just that.
AHPA and Cannabis: Quick Facts
- The indispensable support we’ve provided to companies trading in herbs for decades is vital to the cannabis market.
- AHPA offers unmatched understanding of the FDA and its food and dietary supplement
regulations, particularly pertaining to the hemp and CBD marketplace.
- The collective resources available to AHPA members includes significant regulatory and legal compliance expertise to help you protect and grow your company.
- AHPA’s active advocacy in the regulatory, legislative, education, and technical aspects of moving cannabis into the legal marketplace spans a decade.
- For nearly 40 years, AHPA has been the only trade organization working exclusively with “herbs of commerce,” helping members bring products to market in a highly regulated environment.
- The cannabis industry’s most influential companies and legal partners are AHPA members.
Address issues related to the safe use and responsible commerce of legally-marketed products derived from Cannabis species.
AHPA members include the most influential companies and
legal partners working to ensure a stable, long-term cannabis
industry. Whether you’re growing and harvesting, processing,
manufacturing, testing or marketing, our expertise provides
crucial support from seed to sale. If your goal is to grow a
sustainable business, join our community to help shape the
future of the cannabis marketplace.
Asa Waldstein (Supplement Advisory Group)
Membership is open to all AHPA members. Contact Jane Wilson to join the committee today! Learn more about the committee here >>
Not an AHPA Member yet?
Learn more about the many benefits of AHPA membership and contact Amber Bennett to join today!
Subscribe to receive Cannabis Alerts via email.
Recommendations for Regulators
Committee Meeting Minutes and News