Updates on AHPA activities and resources delivered to your inbox. Subscribe today!
Published: Wednesday, July 12, 2017
AHPA President Michael McGuffin will participate in a panel discussion of botanical industry issues like adulteration, consumer trends, new research and trending ingredients as part of free NutraIngredients-USA Online Conference being held tomorrow.
The world of botanical extracts has grown out of centuries-old traditions in Asia, Latin America and Africa to spawn a multi-billion dollar global industry.
Botanicals from ginseng to sea buckthorn to St John's wort have entered the mainstream with some national polls showing upwards of 75% of citizens buy botanicals at least once a year for an array of ailments or just to stay healthy and optimised.
No longer just the preserve of specialist health food stores, herbal supplements have entered the popular shelves - both instore and online.
But the sector is complex and the fact that botanical supplements often exist in the space between food and drugs has led to a multiplicity of regulatory methods. Frequently, the same extract or product will be regulated as a drug in one market, a food in another or somewhere in between.
And their popularity has meant issues of authentication and adulteration have arisen priming the need for strict QC epitomised by the most serious firms and trade bodies.
In this free NutraIngredients-USA Online Conference, we go inside the sector to gain insight from experts, scientists, consultants, and marketers to help you navigate your way to success in herbals.
Who should attend?
This is a must-attend event for formulators, marketers, brand managers, category managers, market researchers, R&D experts, and general management.
• Anurag Pande, PhD: Vice President, Scientific Affairs at Sabinsa Corporation
• Hank Schultz: Senior Correspondent at NutraIngredients-USA
• John A. Minatelli: SVP of Business Development at Valensa
• Mark Blumenthal: Founder at American Botanical Council
• Marc Brush: Consultant and former editor at Nutrition Business Journal
• Michael McGuffin: President at American Herbal Products Association
• Rick Kingston: President, Regulatory and Scientific Affairs and Co-Founder at Safetycall International
• Roy Upton RH, DipAyu: President at American Herbal Pharmacopoeia American Herbal Pharmacopoeia
• Steven Dentali: Consultant at Dentali Botanical Sciences