AHPA presented the inaugural Virtual Sports Nutrition Congress to on Oct. 21 to showcase industry and sports nutrition experts who covered key sport nutrition industry issues by providing the most up-to-date information, resources and practical tools and guidelines to help ensure the long-term success of your business. This event is now available on-demand.
If you are already registered you can access the on-demand event here: https://ahpasportsnutritioncongress.vfairs.com/en/
Keynote: David Vobora
Five-year NFL veteran David Vobora Vobora, founder of Adaptive Training Foundation keynoted the 2020 virutal Sports Nutrition Congress.
Through working with US Army Staff Sergeant Travis Mills, a quadruple amputee, and engaging the veteran community, Vobora developed a passion for helping those with life-altering injuries find life-fulfilling adaptive performance training.
US and INTL Trends in the Sports Nutrition Market
Sponsored by: Milk Specialties
Consumer trust and brand transparency are critical, making label accuracy and compliance and marketing honesty a must. Develop your checklist and toolbox to be a champion
Building the Business Through Winning Innovation: People, Pipeline and Process Strategies
Sponsored by: AIDP
Products that make a difference are themselves the products of strategic innovation pipeline driven by consumer insights, regulatory and legal compliance, food science acumen and high-quality production. Build strength in your innovation pipeline with expert coaching and support featured in this session.
Champion of Compliance: Ingredient and Product Testing for Label Validation, Prop 65, and GMOs
Sponsored by: Gemini Pharmaceuticals
Consumer trust and brand transparency are critical, making label accuracy and compliance and marketing honesty a must. Develop your checklist and toolbox to be a champion!
Staying out of the Penalty Box: Liability and Risk Reduction
Apply best practices to limit ingredient, product and brand risk and liability by understanding the rules and playing your best game with best practice formulation, truthful, substantiated claims, monitoring consumer communications, etc.
Clean and Trusted: Opportunities to Leverage Banned Substance Testing and Quality Marks in Sales and Marketing
Sponsored by: LGC Group
Whether its professional athletes or inspired beginners and every level in between. Clean, validated and high-quality products are necessary and critical components of trust. Understanding the benefits of banned substance testing, label and protein validation to create sales and product and brand trust. Strengthen your ingredient and product playbook!
Proven Performance: Developing a Highly Efficient, Cost-Effective Research Program
Sponsored by: Verdure Sciences
Terms like Real Science; Research Proven; are meaningful especially to customers, coaches, nutritionists and media. Suppliers and brands not only become stronger when powered by an understanding their ingredients and products in enhancing performance, but also build trust, unique communication opportunities and claim substantiation. It's an industry imperative, but it doesn't have to be a budgetary defeat. Learn how to be victorious in your research platform!
KEYNOTE: DAVE VOBORA – The Athlete in All!
Sponsored by: Eurofins, Scientific, Inc.
Five-year NFL veteran Dave Vobora will speak about his experiences engaging the veteran community and developing a passion for helping those with life-altering injuries find life-fulfilling adaptive performance training. Vobora realized that, while there are many excellent rehabilitation programs as well as adaptive/Paralympic sports organizations, none existed to bridge the gap from basic functional rehabilitation to adapted sport. Adaptive Training Foundation (ATF) was conceived to fill this void.
Moderators & Speakers
- David Vobora, Founder, Apative Training Foundation
- Lindsey Ormond, MSc, RNutr, Director of Nutrition & Research, Milk Specialties Global
- Tom Vierhile, VP Strategic Insights, North America, Innova Market Insights
- Mathias Toft Vangsøe, Cand.Scient, Sales Development Manager, Arla Foods
- Jack Gayton, Senior Buyer, Sports Nutrition, The Vitamin Shoppe
- Garry Pay, Esq., Senior Vice President Legal Regulatory Affairs, Beachbody, LLC
- Dr. James DiNicolantonio, PharmD, Director of Scientific Affairs, AIDP
- Sara Perez Ojalvo,, Director, Research & Development, Nutrition 21, LLC
- Aaron Heidebreicht,, VP, FDMC & Specialty North America, Woodbolt Distribution LLC; Nutrabolt
- Mark Jost, Sr. Vice President, Gemini Pharmaceuticals
- Rob Wildman, Ph.D., RD, LD, CISSN,Chief Science Officer, Dymatize
- Douglas Kalman, Ph.D., RD, FACN, FISSN, Vice President, Scientific Affairs, Nutrasource
- Darryl Sullivan, Chief Science Officer & Director of Regulatory Affairs, Eurofins Scientific, Inc.
- Shawn Wells, MPH, RD, LDN, CISSN, FISSN, CEO, Zone Halo Formulations
- Rick Collins, Esq., FISSN, CSCS, Partner, Collins Gann McCloskey & Barry PLLC
- Jay Manfre, Esq., Chief Legal Officer, REDCON1
- John Venardos, Global Regulatory and Government Affairs Consultant, Venardos & Associates
- Kris Gethin, CEO, KAGED MUSCLE Supplements; Co-Founder, Kris Gethin Gyms
- David Trosin, Managing Director of Health Sciences Certifications, NSF International
- Paul Klinger, Business Development Director, LGC Science, Inc.
- Oliver Catlin, President & Co-Founder, Banned Substances Control Group
- Vince Kreipke, Ph.D., CSCS, CISSN, Scientific Advisor, Onnit
- Hame Persaud, Executive Vice President, HP Ingredients
- Richard Kreider, Ph.D., FACSM, FISSN, FACN, FNAK, Professor; Executive Director, Human Clinical Research Facility – Director, Exercise & Sport Nutrition Lab – Department of Health & Kinesiology, Texas A&M University
- Hector Lopez, MD, CSCS, FAAPMR, FISSN, Co-Founder & Chief Medical Officer, NovaNutra, LLC; Supplement Safety Solutions, LLC; THR Biosciences, LLC; Center for Applied Health Sciences, LLC
- Chris Lockwood, Ph.D., FACN, CSCS, President, Lockwood LLC; Adjunct Science Editor, Bodybuilding.com; Adjunct Professor, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Michael McGuffin, President, AHPA
- Amber BennettDirector of Membership, AHPA
- AHPA Members: $449
- Non Members: $575