Published: Friday, April 17, 2020
Event date: 5/5/2020 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Export event
According to the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA), any company that sells a dietary supplement containing a new dietary ingredient must submit a New Dietary Ingredient Notification (NDIN) to the FDA. In this course we will provide guidance on how to determine when an NDIN is required, what kind of information you will need to include in an NDIN, and common pitfalls. The course is directed toward dietary supplement and food ingredient manufacturers and suppliers who are interested in understanding the basic requirements for NDINs so they can better communicate with regulators and specialists. Specific topics will include:
• How to determine whether you need to submit an NDIN to the FDA
• How to decide what kind of testing is required for an NDIN
• How to establish safety under the conditions of intended use
• How to compile the necessary documentation for a successful FCN
• How to avoid common pitfalls associated with preparing an NDIN
Attending NSF training sessions does not provide an advantage, nor is it linked in any way to the granting of certification.
Number of Seats:
2020 Annual Fund Sponsors
AHPA appreciates the support of its sponsors, but does not endorse, recommend, or provide a warranty for any sponsor company, its products or services. AHPA has no responsibility for any transaction entered into with any of these companies.