The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) is co-sponsoring the 15th annual Natural Health Product Research Society (NHPRS) of Canada's research conference on May 14-17, in Guelph, Ontario. This year's conference theme is "Innovation at the NHP/Food Interface."
The conference features a presentation by AHPA Chief Science Officer Holly E. Johnson, Ph.D., on "Ethnobotany and Traditional Knowledge in the Modern World," on May 15, during the plenary "Respectful Use of Traditional Knowledge."
The full conference program is available at the NHPRS website, and will feature sessions on the following themes:
- Regulatory and Policy Modernization at the NHP/Food Interface;
- Exploring the Pathway from Innovation to Commercialization at the NHP/Food Interface
- DNA-based Approaches & Applications;
- Product Quality;
- Functional Foods;
- Respectful Use of Traditional Knowledge;
- NHPs and Cancer;
- Pharmacology & Pharmacognosy; and
- NHPs in Disease Management.
NHPRS will also include speakers from key government and industry associations, including:
- Health Canada's Natural and Non-Prescription Health Products Directorate and Food Directorate;
- The American Botanical Council;
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH);
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA);
- The National Research Council of Canada;
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada; and
- The Canadian Centre for DNA Barcoding.
Register to attend the conference to keep up to speed on the latest regulatory and product quality developments in the Canadian, U.S. and European Natural Health Product and functional food markets!
Discounted hotel rooms are available on the Society website until April 27, and discounted airline transit codes from Pearson airport to Guelph are also available.
Visit http://www.nhprs.ca/annual-conference, or contact email@example.com for further information.