Justice – Equity – Diversity – Inclusion (J.E.D.I): four powerful words that are trending largely due to the current political landscape and social climate, but what do these words mean? In theory, J.E.D.I means everyone has equitable access and opportunity. Within the workplace, differences in age, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, race, and other characteristics such as personality and personal interests shouldn’t become a barrier to a positive work environment.
The most valuable asset for any organization is its workforce. When employees feel represented, valued, heard, understood, and treated fairly, it creates a more positive environment for both the employee and employer. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and respected is paramount to a company’s success. Employees are looking to employers to take the lead in charting that path.
Attend this webinar to gain an understanding of how the J.E.D.I Collaborative embeds justice, equity, diversity and inclusion into our food ecosystem via the natural products industry. Then listen as AHPA members provide firsthand accounts of their own diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) journeys. Discussions will include the process, commitment, and experience of implementing DE&I initiatives; how companies evolved and are getting to a place of allyship; and examples of resources and tools available.
Join us on June 21, 2022 (10am-12pm PT / 1-3pm ET), when our expert presenters will:
- Discuss their DE&I journeys
- Share effective strategies for integrating DE&I initiatives at your workplace
Do you have questions about copyrights and trademarks that you would like the presenters to address? Submit your questions in advance to Natasha Weaver at email@example.com . A Q&A session will follow the presentations.
- Cynthia Billops, VP Operations, Membership & Belonging, One Step Closer & J.E.D.I Collaborative
- Amber Littlejohn, Esq., Executive Director, Minority Cannabis Business Association
- Erin Douglas, Social & Environmental Responsibility Manager, Banyan Botanicals
- Laura Najera, RAC, Manager Regulatory Affairs (International), Metagenics
- AHPA Members: FREE
- Non-Members: $99